TutoTOONS team is looking for a talented GAME DESIGNER to lead the production of mobile games for kids, from game idea to the finished game.
We look for a self-motivated and hard working game designer, eager to work at a young gaming startup, gain experience in gaming business and develop new skills.
Since launch in January 2014, we’ve published 140+ games for kids that so far generated over 45 million downloads worldwide. We invite you to join our quickly growing startup. Continue reading only if you love startups, gaming and kids!
Your goal as a game designer is to create fun and quality games for girls ages 3 to 8.
This starts by developing a successful game concept: game idea, storyline and level layout. You will be in charge of getting the game completely ready for publishing.
We will provide you with all necessary information and training to ensure quality work. Game graphics will be created by artists and games will be built using TutoTOONS game builder, which does not require any coding.
We recommend to watch a few short videos of our top games on YouTube to understand the type of games you will be producing.
1. Management of game production from game idea to the final game. This includes:
- Developing game concept, defining the main characters and game monetization.
- Creating a detailed game storyboard with the help from our artists.
- Improving gameplay, adding animations and sounds with TutoTOONS game builder.
- Managing the production of graphic assets (game graphics, game icon, screenshots, promo images, etc.), description and promo video for the app stores.
- Game testing and fixing game bugs.
2. Management of more than one game production at a time.
3. Team work with artists. This includes providing game artists with necessary help and support, motivation and guidance in order to create a quality game.
4. Giving support and feedback on other games made by other artists.
Extract from game storyboard:
We are looking for a person who loves TutoTOONS and our games; is passionate and motivated about startups, kids and educational games; and who feels a strong desire to work in the mobile gaming industry.
- Fluent in English (speaking, writing, reading).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Smart, flexible, productive, responsible and people-oriented.
- Fluent in widely spoken languages, e. g., Spanish, Russian, French, Italian.
- Understanding the qualities of great game graphics.
- Tech-savvy: understanding mobile games, app stores, tablets, smartphones and related technologies.
We Offer You:
- Being a part of a fast-growing international startup.
- Developing project management skills and learning about mobile game business.
- Working with the best artists from all over the world.
- Friendly and supportive team that will help you get started.
- Ping pong table during rest breaks at work.
- Full time work at TutoTOONS Barcelona office (Gracia area).
- Membership at the best coworking space in Spain – Betahaus.
- Office exchange: opportunity to work at our Lithuania office.
- And let’s not forget – lots of fun making games for kids!
If you’re interested and think that you’re perfect for this position, email your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: CV Game Designer Barcelona).
TutoTOONS is a free drag and drop mobile game builder that lets you create your own games without any programming, and make money from it.
Thousands of talented artists, illustrators and graphic designers use
TutoTOONS to turn their drawings into beautiful games for kids. We publish the best games made with TutoTOONS to App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, and share game revenue with game authors.